Many of us are not what is really considered a ‘morning person’. We stay up too late finishing work, doing household chores, going out for a night of fun or maybe just getting lost in a YouTube hole. Then morning comes way too early for our fatigued minds. This cycle will play havoc on your mental and physical health and can impact your productivity.
We have found that establishing a healthy morning routine not only increases our productivity but also our general science of happiness. In fact we now believe that working smarter and not harder is the foundation of success and developing a morning routine is a critical piece of that. We started small, adding emphasis on health and mindfulness on to the basics of making ourselves presentable in the morning for the world.
The main goal is to prime yourself for the challenges of the day and give yourself all the healthy jumpstarts you can. Below we have an example of a morning routine for your convenience. But keep in mind that this is just an example and you should customize it to fit your needs and desires. The idea is not to follow the strict plan of someone else, but to develop one for yourself, one that has meaning to you.
Example of a Morning Routine:
- 6am Wake up and begin a breathing mindfulness exercise for ten minutes.
- 6:10-6:30 Drink 18oz of water, brew coffee or tea, get mentally ready for work/the day
- 6:30-7:00 Take care of hygiene while visualizing your goals for the day
- 7:00-7:10 Confidence exercises. Strike a broad confident pose and hold it for 2 minutes. Use this time to accept yourself and express love for yourself.
- 7:10-7:30 Meditate for 15 minutes
This Week in Tea:
- Renovation Tea: Cholesterol Tea — Our Cholesterol Tea is specifically formulated help balance lipid profile and help lower LDL or "bad cholesterol".
- Organic Free Trade Ingredients: Basil, Psyllium and Alfalfa.
- Renovation Tea: Blood Pressure Tea — Our Blood Pressure tea will help promote heart health and assist in the treatment of hypertension by naturally lowering blood pressure.
- Organic Free Trade Ingredients: Hawthorn Berries, Parsley, Coriander, Flax Seeds and Basil
- Renovation Tea: Heart Healthy Tea — Our Heart Healthy Tea will help promote a healthy cardiovascular system and help fight the symptoms of heart disease including lowering LDL levels and fight free radicals.
- Organic Free Trade Ingredients: Hawthorn Leaf & Flowers, Willow Bark, Alfalfa, Yarrow Leaf & Flowers and Ground Flax Seeds.
Healthy Eats: Italian Cup-O-Egg
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup cooked and chopped bacon
- ¼ tablespoon Renovation Tea: Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the inside of a microwave safe coffee mug with olive oil or butter.
- In a seperate cup or bowl add egg, water, mushrooms, chives, bacon, Renovation Tea: Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper and beat until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the microwave safe coffee cup and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Check your cup, mix and top with cheese, microwave another 30 - 45 seconds or until the egg is set.
**Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Renovation Tea does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Renovation Tea are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.