As all women know the world can sometimes seem hecktic, pulling us in a million different directions at once. The never ending cycle of kids, spouses, jobs, school, errands, chores. This can leave us with very little time for taking care of ourselves and we can end up neglecting the natural cycle that supports a healthy hormonal balance. For a lot of us, a hormonal imbalance may be the root cause for loss of libido, extreme fatigue, and general lack of sexual interest. You’ve probably experienced this at least once in your life. The irregular cycles, painful periods, mood swings, weird acne eruptions, rapid weight gain or loss. Over time this imbalance can have a drastic negative effect on your health, besides the random pimple. With hormones out of balance you are more likely to pack on the pounds, have adverse cognitive and emotional effects, and stand to have an increased chance for diabetes. On the flip side restoring your hormonal balance will lead to the return of health, energy, mood, and libido.
Luckily there is help! Women have been treating their hormonal cycles naturally since ancient times.
Herbs for Women's Health:
- White Peony Tea: One of the most important women’s herbal tonics in traditional Chinese medicine, White Peony is given for heavy menstrual bleeding, spotting, pms, menstrual cycle regulation, infertility, fibroids and hormonal imbalances.
- Red Clover Blossom: AKA "women's herb" as it’s been known throughout history as an herbal remedy for menopausal symptoms in women including vaginal dryness and hot flashes.
- Black Cohosh: For hundreds of years Native Americans have used Black Cohosh to relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual cramps. Today it is still used as such and has also been found to help profoundly with mood swings and insomnia.
- Dong Quai: AKA “female ginseng”, this traditional Chinese medicine has many medicinal properties such as improving bone health, treating the symptoms of menopause, decrease depression, lower blood sugar levels and decrease inflammation.
- Vitex Berries: One of the most popular herbal remedies for PMS, acne, menopause symptoms and cramps.
- Shatavari Root: Shatavari, has been used for centuries to support the reproductive system in women and is shown to help women balance the hormones when beginning menopause.
Herbal Teas for Women's Health:
- Renovation Tea: White Peony Tea — White Peony has a greater health benefits than green tea, because it has a higher concentration of antioxidant polyphenols. The flavor is delicate and sweet, it’s also a perfect choice for anyone who finds black or green tea too acidic.
- Ingredients: Free Trade Organic White Peony tea leaves.
- Renovation Tea: Menopausal Relief Tea — Created specifically to minimize the symptoms of menopause, including: hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings and help aid in hormonal balancing.
- Ingredients: Free Trade Organic herbs- Red Clover Blossom, Dong Quai, Black Cohosh and Vitex Berries
- Renovation Tea: Female Libido Tea — Formulated to smoothly promote a healthy libido and balance the hormones to increase the fertility among women.
- Ingredients: Free Trade Organic herbs- Epimedium Leaf, Oatstraw, Shatavari Root and Ginkgo.
Healthy Eats: Green Goddess Low Carb Salad
- 1 pound broccoli trimmed into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1/3 cup tarragon
- 1/3 cup parsley (optional)
- 2 small cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup baby greens
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Renovation Tea: Healthy Sprinkles
- In a preheated oven (350°F), roast broccoli coated with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast until crisp and tender.
- While the broccoli is roasting, add eggs to a medium pot of boiling water, leave covered to cook for 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water and let cool. And then peel eggs.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the sugar snap peas and cook until bright green and just slightly tender. Transfer to bowl with ice water.
- Using a food processor puree yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, all but a pinch of the herbs, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper (to taste) until smooth.
- In a large serving bowl toss roasted broccoli, snap peas, cucumbers, baby greens, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, salt and pepper to taste and coat everything evenly.
- To serve divide evenly among bowls. Top with sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds, and remaining pinch of herbs. Sprinkle a touch of Renovation Tea: Healthy Sprinkles. Slice eggs in half and add to bowls. Serve remaining dressing alongside for drizzling.
**All alternative and natural remedies recommended here should be taken under doctors supervision. Always consult your physician before beginning any herbal program. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate herbal treatment.