If you are like millions of americans, sleep is a problem. It's ever elusive, fleeting to grasp and always just out of reach. We think one of the best ways to start getting better sleep is to kick the caffeine habit. It interferes with the body’s natural regulatory rhythms and chronic use of caffeine can leave you perpetually out of sync. The trouble with caffeine is that it's a powerful and highly addictive stimulant with effects that can last several hours after ingestion, and even longer for those who take medications or have liver problems.
Break the habit! Free your body from its caffeine addiction — but take it slowly. Start by weaning yourself off main sources of caffeine such as sodas, coffee and energy drinks. And replace them with lower caffeine content herbal teas to not trigger the caffeine withdrawal symptoms. The goal here is slowly decrease your caffeine consumption so your body acclimates over time.
Low Caffeine Tea: We recommend starting out with Gunpowder Green Tea. While Green Tea does contain caffeine, coffee has nearly three times the amount of caffeine per cup, making Green Tea a good place to start stepping down and taking control over a caffeine addiction.
Coffee Alternative: If you feel the draw to coffee for the flavor we recommend an herbal alternative. Our Roasted Herbal Coffee is a great healthy alternative and is completely caffeine free. The similarity to a traditional cup of joe is unbelievable!
Ingredients: Organic Maca Powder, Organic Roasted Chicory Root, Organic Dandelion Root and Organic Roasted Carob
Healthy Eats: Paleo Chicken Tacos
If there ever was a beloved food its the ever versatile taco! This is our healthy paleo spin on the classic taco.
- ½ lbs chicken breast
- 1 tsp Mexican Seasonings
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice from ½ a lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 head of butter lettuce
and Cook Chicken Breast:
- Pat dry with paper towel, season liberally with salt, pepper and Mexican Seasonings.
- In medium frying pan heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, but not to the point of smoking.
- Cook chicken breast until cook through, turning once.
- Remove chicken from the pan, do not clean the pan.
- Cover and let rest for ten minutes before dicing the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and apply medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions, salt, pepper and jalapeno (to taste).
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Squeeze in the lime.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, stir on high heat until warmed throughout.
- Remove, wash and dry some leaves from the head of butter lettuce.
- Being careful to not overfill, spoon some chicken taco filling into the leaves.
- Top with your favorite salsa, pico, or guacamole and enjoy!
Mexican Seasonings: Tasted and tested to perfection our Mexican Seasonings are exactly what you need to give your next dish that little something extra on taco tuesday.
Ingredients: Organic cilantro, organic onion, organic cumin seed, organic chili flakes, organic herbs and spices.