It shouldn’t take a major life threatening event to make you realize you aren’t living your life fully. Most of us go through the motions of work, kids, eat and sleep. With little time for the things that make life meaningfully and special. This leads to unhappiness, higher stress levels and poorer overall health. But is there really not enough time?
There’s no recipe to follow to bring your life meaning and no set of specific tasks that will bring fulfillment. It’s a highly customized experience dependent on the individuals tastes. The real secret to meaning isn’t do this, meet this person, or go here. It’s setting a little bit of time for yourself. Five to ten minutes at a time, here and there dedicated to you. Don’t spare those moments for work or some other responsibility that you’d rather not do, but spend that quality time for you and your happiness.
Over time this will add up to more meaning and appreciation. And as you practice this more and more, you’ll find that it turns out you do have time to spend on your own well being. You’ll find more time and more opportunities to explore your passions the more you practice.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Learning a new skill
- Fully immersing yourself in an interest
- Learning about the arts
This Weeks Tea List:
- Renovation Tea: Oolong Tea — Instrumental in aiding weight loss and keeping the mind sharp Oolong Tea contains many vital vitamins and minerals such as calcium, manganese, copper, carotene, selenium, potassium, vitamins A, B, C, E and K. in addition to folic acids, niacin amide and many others.
- Organic Free Trade Ingredients: Oolong Tea
- Renovation Tea: Darjeeling Tea — Darjeeling is known as the champagne of teas: Grown in Darjeeling, India. Darjeeling is high in antioxidants, has been shown to reduce the risks of cancer, aid in gastric distress, and help in bone mineral density.
- Organic Free Trade Ingredients: Darjeeling Tea
- Renovation Tea: Fenugreek Sprouting Seeds — Fenugreek is a special sprout, also known as methi, is a treasure trove of medicinal properties. It is rich in vitamin C, proteins, fibers, niacin, potassium, iron and alkaloids. It is also rich in a compound called diosgenin which has estrogen-like properties and steroidal saponins.
- Organic Free Trade Ingredients: Fenugreek Sprouting Seeds
Healthy Eats: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Renovation Tea: Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the seeds and ‘guts’ from the pumpkin.
- Separate the seeds from the ‘guts’ with your hands.
- Rinse the seeds under cold water, and then spread them out on a paper towel to dry.
- Next, lightly coat the seeds in oil and Renovation Tea: Pumpkin Spice Blend, to taste.
- Roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 30 minutes, checking every five minutes or until golden brown.
**Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Renovation Tea does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Renovation Tea are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.