We know that telling you to eat healthy might make us a broken record or perhaps even preaching to the chior. This is one of the issues that’s very dear to us, so we like to help out when these awareness months make their way around again every year. Held every year in march, National Nutrition Month attempts to focus your attention of the importance of making healthy food choices and building healthy habits. So what exactly are healthy choices?
Eat more fruits and vegetables than you do junk food.
This is the one that people get the most tired of hearing we think. I know that prepackaged chemically laden frankenfood from the factory is awfully tasty. But that stuff is so horrible for you, it's just a delicious poison depriving you of the nutrition you need to be healthy and happy. The correlation between health and diet is indisputable at this point in our understanding of the science of diet. Apples and oranges, broccoli and spinach may not be fun but they’ll let you live a longer healthier life doing the other things you enjoy doing in life.
Get more exercise in your life, even simple things.
Go for a walk, play with your cat/dog/child/whatever. The act of play, be it competitive sports or some random goofy stuff with friends is good for your whole body. Your heart, your mind, your body as you are active and social with the people that matter to you.
Drink more water.
We are mostly water, so’s the planet. So really this should be a common sense kinda thing. Water = Life, drink more of it than you do sodas, fruit juices or alcohols.
Live in the moment, appreciate those that surround you. When we say mindfulness we mean understanding yourself, the naked truth and loving yourself for it. Self love and forgiveness are key parts of a healthy mind and will in turn help you build strong social connections and fortify your will to maintain a challenging life change, such as changing your diet.
Build and maintain your social connections.
Humans are social creatures by nature. I know there’s probably a few introverts in the crowd and that’s okay, I’m talking to you too. Even introverts are social, just maybe not quite so exuberant about it as extroverts. We need each other and our communities to feel secure and happy with our lot in life. We need to feel needed and like we contribute in some way to the greater cause of the community. People with tight supportive communities live longer and in self reporting polling have a greater sense of overall happiness than those of us who wall off our lives from others.
Goodies for a Healthy Heart:
Renovation Tea: Blood Pressure Tea-Blood Pressure tea will help promote heart health and assist in the treatment of hypertension.
Organic Ingredients: Hawthorn Berries, Parsley, Coriander, Flax Seeds and Basil.
Renovation Tea: heart Healthy Tea-Heart Healthy Tea is specifically formulated to help promote a healthy cardiovascular system and help fight the symptoms of heart disease.
Organic Ingredients: Hawthorn Leaf & Flowers, Willow Bark, Alfalfa, Yarrow Leaf & Flowers and Ground Flax Seeds
Renovation Tea: Cholesterol Tea-Specially formulated to help combat high LDL or “bad cholesterol”.
Organic Ingredients: Basil, Psyllium and Alfalfa
Healthy Eats: Crazy Easy Baked Butter Garlic Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry
- 1 small spaghetti squash about 3-4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tablespoon Renovation Tea: Italian Spice Blend
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pierce squash a few times with sharp knife, to allow for the steam to escape.
- Bake spaghetti squash for about 60 minutes, or until a knife pierces easily through skin with little resistance. Begin checking at the 30 min mark for doneness.
- Let the squash cool until it can be handled easily.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to remove and discard the seeds.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash to get long strands of ‘noodles’.
- In a large saute pan melt the butter and add the garlic over medium-low heat.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, add Renovation Tea: Italian Spice Blend, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to toss, sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese and taste to see if you need additional salt.
- Serve with some extra salt, pepper, Parmesan to taste.
**Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Renovation Tea does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Renovation Tea are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.