As we move into Pinkerton, aka National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we feel it’s very important to do our part in bringing awareness to this deadly disease. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is the annual health awareness campaign organized by breast cancer charities all over the world. And we strongly encourage you to educate, get screenings and become aware of the dangers of ignoring breast cancer. Every October they work to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. So without further wait, let's save the Tatas!
Breast self-exam can be a useful and important screening tool, especially when used in combination with regular doctor exams and other tests. We recommend that all women routinely perform breast self-exams as part of their overall breast cancer screening strategy in conjunction with regular physical exams provided by their doctor. We recommend using the Self-Exam instructions at the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
How You Can Get Involved:
There are a variety of events around the world in support of Breast Cancer Awareness including walks and runs, charity drives for research, public lighting events and more.
The Race for the Cure is the world’s largest and most successful event for fundraising and education in the world. This even welcomes all fitness levels, from walkers to professional runners.
Located San Francisco Food for Thought is Breast Cancer Action’s fundraising dinner brings together breast cancer warriors for a super fancy and super delicious dinner. Where the proceeds go toward funding research.
If you don’t happen to be in the Bay area, that’s okay. A simple search online will reveal your own fancy shmancy Breast Cancer dinner, as they are held all over the country during the month of October.
There’s events going on all across the country. From indie movie screenings, live music, book readings and more all this month. October is the perfect time of year to get out of the house, enjoy the changing weather and make a difference. As our they say at think before you pink, “Do something besides worry.”
Some Very Helpful and Healthful Links for Helping Save the Tatas:
Herbal Teas for Women's Health:
- Renovation Tea: White Peony Tea — White Peony has a greater health benefits than green tea, because it has a higher concentration of antioxidant polyphenols and is a powerful free radical and cancer fighter. The flavor is delicate and sweet, it’s also a perfect choice for anyone who finds black or green tea too acidic.
- Ingredients: Free Trade Organic White Peony tea leaves.
- Renovation Tea: Menopausal Relief Tea — Created specifically to minimize the symptoms of menopause, including: hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings and help aid in hormonal balancing.
- Ingredients: Free Trade Organic herbs- Red Clover Blossom, Dong Quai, Black Cohosh and Vitex Berries
- Renovation Tea: Female Libido Tea — Formulated to smoothly promote a healthy libido and balance the hormones to increase the fertility among women.
- Ingredients: Free Trade Organic herbs- Epimedium Leaf, Oatstraw, Shatavari Root and Ginkgo.
Healthy Eats: Crock-pot Indian Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Renovation Tea: Masala Indian Spice Blend
- Put chicken in your crock-pot, and add water. Cook on high 2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove from crock and slice each breast against the grain.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the spice mix ingredients, tossing together. Set aside.
- Preheat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over in a heavy bottomed pan until hot, but not smoking.
- Toss the cooked chicken with spice mix, covering evenly.
- Add spiced and cooked chicken to the skillet and allow the chicken to fry, only flip once allowing it to crisp.
- Remove chicken from pan as soon as it is crisped to your liking and prepare to serve.
**Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Renovation Tea does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Renovation Tea are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.