March 13th is National K9 Veterans Day, and we just wanted to give a shout out to our four legged protectors! This is the day set aside to honor and commemorate the service and sacrifices of American military and working dogs throughout history.
In 1942 on March 13th the US Army began its new War Dog Program, aka ‘K9 Corps’. While this is when it became official, dogs have had a long history with the US military.
Some K9 Heroes include:
- Sgt Stubby, a mixed breed who started his life as a homeless stray and went on to serve in WWI. Source
- Chips, a shepard-husky cross fought alongside soldiers and became the most decorated doggo in WWII. Source
- Lex, a German shepherd who served with admirable bravery and loyalty alongside his handler Cpl. Dustin Lee in Fallujah. Lex was with Cpl. Lee when they were attacked by mortar fire, killing Lee. Lex was injured in the attack but didn’t stayed with his fallen Marine until medics could reach them. Today he has officially retired with Lee’s family. Source
If you are considering adopting a furry family member the ASPCA has a great tool to find a local shelter near you!Find A Shelter
Healthy Hound Goodies:
Healthy Hound: CBD Drops- CBD can help you manage your dog’s symptoms of allergies, anxiety, digestive problems, cancer, pain. All our CBD is 100% THC free!
Organic Ingredients: Organic Hemp Seed Oil, CBD Isolate, Flavoring
Healthy Hound: Seasonal Allergies & Immune Booster-Help support your doggo’s immune system and fight seasonal allergies the natural way, using all organic free trade herbs. Just sprinkle it into their food so they can get the full benefit of nature's healing bounty.
Organic Ingredients: Ginger, Parsley, Rosemary, Echinacea and Chia Seeds
Healthy Hound: Stress and Anxiety-Help support your puppers and help them control nervous activity the natural way, using all organic free trade herbs. Just sprinkle it into their food so they can get the full benefit of nature's healing bounty.
Organic Ingredients: Chamomile, Oat Straw, Valerian, Passionflower
Healthy Hound Eats: Broiled Tilapia With Corn and Beans
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can whole kernel corn- drained
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tbsp green onion- chopped
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper- chopped
- 2 tbsp Renovation Tea: Mexican Spice Blend
- In a large bowl mix corn, beans, salt and pepper, Renovation Tea: Mexican Spice Blend, onion, peper. Hand mix till well mixed
- Drizzle both sides of fillets with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on parchment paper, top each fillet with a portion of corn and bean mixture.
- Set under broiler until fish flakes easily with a fork and mixture is golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Fish is finished when it it fork flaky
*If you have any questions or concerns about the ingredients used, please consult with your veterinarian. Please check with your vet about any allergies your dog may have.
**Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Renovation Tea does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Renovation Tea are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.